Governors and trustees play a key role in ensuring that schools are safe places for young people to learn.
Keeping Children Safe in Education 2022/2023 states that “Governing bodies and proprietors should ensure that all governors and trustees receive appropriate safeguarding and child protection (including online) training at induction. In light of this, we are delighted to offer our Governor Safeguarding Awareness courses, designed to provide governors and trustees with an understanding of their role and remit of safeguarding in their school.
This certificated 2-hour online session is suitable for school governors, trustees and local governing body members within a multi-academy trust. It will support attendees in understanding their roles and responsibilities with regards to safeguarding and will cover all relevant safeguarding guidance and procedures.
Governors may also wish to attend our safer recruitment course
The course will cover:
- Governors’ responsibilities to ensure compliance with safeguarding laws and statutory guidance; multi-agency working; the requirement to appoint designated safeguarding leads in school; and the requirement that all school staff undergo relevant training
- The policies and procedures required, with a particular focus on information-sharing and high risk safeguarding areas such as peer on peer abuse and online safety
- Whistleblowing, Safer Recruitment obligations and the appropriate management of allegations against staff
- 3 October 2022 @ 10am – 12pm (free of charge) FULLY BOOKED
- 21 March 2023 @ 2pm – 4pm (£30 per participant)
- 15 May 2023 @ 2pm – 4pm (£30 per participant)
To register on this course, please fill in the form below for each participant attending. Once we have received your registration, we will email you to confirm your place. Log-in details will be emailed once your course place has been confirmed.